Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3307 in lilypond: Rest positions incorrect wit

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3307 in lilypond: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 03:16:30 +0000

Comment #23 on issue 3307 by address@hidden: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count

The regtest changes are a mix of good and bad:

The reported bug is fixed.  Issue 3197 is fixed.
Whole rests using r1 in voice one are put in the right place (rest-dot-position.ly)

Full measure rests R1 in voice two are in the wrong place (prefatory-separation.ly) Quarter and eight rests on staves with even line-count are in the wrong place.

I looked in Ted Ross' book for standard placement on whole rests (image) but for the shorter I found only "even when the eighth rest's position is altered, the dot at the end of the hook falls in a space, never on a staff line."

Changing the default positions of rests would not be a big deal, except that we need to place the rests by hand whenever there is a collision with full-measure rests (issue 3043).

Attachments:
        Rests.png  13.9 KB
        rossRest.png  1.6 KB