Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3279 in lilypond: space consecutive tempo mark

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3279 in lilypond: space consecutive tempo marks
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 02:30:04 +0000

Comment #29 on issue 3279 by address@hidden: space consecutive tempo marks

We agree. I meant 'tricky' in the sense of 'complex to achieve', not in the sense of 'deceitful'.

The documentation <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/aligning-objects#using-the-break_002dalignable_002dinterface> claims that we can set the options to place an object where the staff-bar /would/ be, but the code does not actually let us do that.

Most of the complexity is from the additions made in response to issue 684. I think the best way to proceed repairing the resulting problems (issue 1263, issue 1276) is to re-solve issue 684 by relying more on the break-alignment-interface, rather than making special cases for span-bars and multi-measure rests.

Meanwhile, the benefit of this patch is available since version 2.14, by using the overrides in comment 1, as amended in comment 16, or amended however else you like.