Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3295 in lilypond: Change appearance of clef oc

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3295 in lilypond: Change appearance of clef octavation
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 12:58:09 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 3295 by address@hidden: Change appearance of clef octavation

Sorry - I stil think these look unpleasant and over-heavy. I agree it would be an improvement were they to attach to the treble clef properly, but I _much_ prefer the lighter italic notation. I think this would be a retrograde step, and would suggest that the only way to get consensus would be to have an optional switch to adopt the heavy font.

I've also checked Gardner Read and Kurt Stone. One uses a non-italic font and the other a light italic font - so there's not consensus in the typesetting guru world, either.

FWIW, all the other notations I can find actually attach the 8 to the bass clef, too.