Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3256 in lilypond: Patch: Eliminates side poisi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3256 in lilypond: Patch: Eliminates side poisition calculations for system-start-text grobs.
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 06:27:31 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push

Comment #8 on issue 3256 by address@hidden: Patch: Eliminates side poisition calculations for system-start-text grobs.

This patch has broken incipits, like in input/regression/incipit.ly. Its commit message is _totally_ different from the issue description or the Rietveld issue description. It does not contain the issue number either. You have not marked the issue as fixed, and the commit id is not to be found anywhere.

In consequence, it is not possible to track the commit to this particular issue and review. It is not the first time, either. Please keep the commit messages and the issue and review descriptions the same and mark the issues as fixed _including_ the commit id _right_ _after_ _pushing_.

The commit in question is
commit 6e4e69f2735a764eab2e6f70f83546461da0203b
Author: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri Mar 29 05:55:13 2013 +0100

    Uses special X alignment for instrument names.

    Previously, instrument names used the side-position-interface for
    calculations in its alignment function.  This made no sense, as it never
    had any side-support elements, requiring a kludge to get them to
    align properly.

    Here, we remove that kludge and align them by aligning them to their
    right end and adding padding.  We also change the name of the grob array
    in which vertical axis groups are stored to
    system-start-text-align-elements so that the grob is not accidentally
    treated as an axis-group implementing an elements array.

I propose reverting it since using the instrumentName for prefatory material is documented and previously working behavior and it is not clear what this will break in addition to incipits. So it is not really fit to be included in a stable release at this point of time.