Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3268 in lilypond: Reinstate text spacing behav

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3268 in lilypond: Reinstate text spacing behaviour of 2.16.x
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:02:04 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #1 on issue 3268 by address@hidden: Reinstate text spacing behaviour of 2.16.x

http://codereview.appspot.com/8009043
Use boxes rather than skyline for text.

This changes several regression tests, each of them slightly, by preventing other glyphs from interleaving between and descenders in text and markup. See also issue 3207 and issue 2795.

If we can identify any cases where skylines for text is helpful, and should be enabled by default (maybe fretboards?) we can enable skylines in those cases.

The input for ‘text-script-vertical-skylines.ly’ is changed to shows how markup can be fit closely, as an option, if desired.

Anybody who is interested can try out the patch without recompiling (allowing testing on non-linux systems) by applying the changes to the .scm file, or by making the corresponding overrides:
\layout {\context {
    \Score
    \override DynamicText #'vertical-skylines = #'()
    \override MetronomeMark #'vertical-skylines = #'()
    \override MultiMeasureRestText #'vertical-skylines = #'()
    \override LyricText #'vertical-skylines = #'()
    \override LyricHyphen #'vertical-skylines = #'()
    \override TextScript #'vertical-skylines = #'()
}}