Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3232 in lilypond: LilyPond should use strict p

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3232 in lilypond: LilyPond should use strict proportional spacing between note columns
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:06:49 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3232 by address@hidden: LilyPond should use strict proportional spacing between note columns

There is a mechanism to have a column ignored for note-spacing purposes, so the half-note spacing is unchanged by the | in between
 \relative c''' { g2  b | <<g2 {s4 s-\tweak #'non-musical ##t -| }>> b2 }
but then we get the spacing rules for things like clef-changes, which are not what is desired for the articulation.

The workaround I have been using is to use a hidden note when placing articulations. (This also gives correct vertical placement of the articulation.)