Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3218 in lilypond: \column and \left-column don

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3218 in lilypond: \column and \left-column don't align
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:10:23 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3218 by address@hidden: \column and \left-column don't align

I'd prefer not messing with "" right now. \column, \left-column and friends are currently behaving inconsistently with regard to empty stencils. First priority is to get consistent behavior. Once we have that, we have to decide what kind of stencil "" is supposed to produce. If we decide that it should produce a point-stencil, then since it is sort of the neutral element in string concatenation, string stencils should not be changed if you insert a point-stencil anywhere in them.

If that's problematic, we need to think well about what to produce for an empty whole "line" represented by "".

But the first issue we need to address in my opinion is consistency in the column commands rather than changing "" so that the inconsistency gets better hidden.