Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3179 in lilypond: too many dots in chords

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3179 in lilypond: too many dots in chords
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:41:03 +0000

Comment #22 on issue 3179 by address@hidden: too many dots in chords

Hmm. Have a look at the dot-column-engraver.ly regtest to see what Lilypond currently does, in particular the first note in the fourth beat (in the first staff). The solution with two dots looks strange, and indeed, checking my old Beethoven edition of sonatas:

http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/b/b0/IMSLP00018-Beethoven__L.v._-_Piano_Sonata_18.pdf

Look at page 352, bar 212 how to do it correctly. So dropping the upper dot (as my solution will do) only removes an uglyness without correcting it to the better :-)