Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3179 in lilypond: too many dots in chords

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3179 in lilypond: too many dots in chords
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:50:23 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 3179 by address@hidden: too many dots in chords

Continuing comment #13: After some thinking I believe there are really only two options:

1. Move `dots::calc-staff-position' to C++ so that the `staff-position' property can be freely overridden by the user, not needing a callback but rather not set by default.

2. As already mentioned in comment #9, add a new property `chord-dots', ##t by default. If people are going to modify `staff-position' in a weird way, `chord-dots' should be set to ##f.

Do you have better ideas?  I prefer option 2.