[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3184 in lilypond: No output from Lilypond when run

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3184 in lilypond: No output from Lilypond when run from Windows command line
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:45:42 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 3184 by address@hidden: No output from Lilypond when run from Windows command line

Eluze reported a bug here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-02/msg00076.html

as follows:

-----------------

if in the command-line I enter

/lilypond/ or /lilypond -h/

nothing happens (version "2.17.12" windows7)

only if I use a bat file and redirect the output like

lilypond -V D:\Data\lytest\test9.ly 1>>test9-1.log 2>>test9-2.log

I get the log in test9-2.log and the pdf is created.

is anything known about such behavior?

in the German forum Tobias reports another - maybe related - problem
http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=1338.0;topicseen

thanks
Eluze

I can reproduce this bug on an up to date Windows 7 64-bit using lilypond 2.17.12.

The lilypond exe is launched, no GUI appears, and the program terminates silently less than a second later.

After lilypond 2.17.12 has terminated in this way echo %errorlevel% outputs 0 (i.e. the exit code was 0)

I tried 2.17.7 which I happened to have installed. It outputs the usage
message then terminates and it sets %errorlevel% to 2.

Cheers,
Colin.