Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3134 in lilypond: Patch: Removes the translate

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3134 in lilypond: Patch: Removes the translate_axis call from axis-group-interface outside-staff positioning.
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:40:56 +0000

Comment #21 on issue 3134 by address@hidden: Patch: Removes the translate_axis call from axis-group-interface outside-staff positioning.

I am ok with Unified diffs, what has obviously thrown me is that the fact that I am seeing an error message that has the '-' sign next to it.

While that does mean the line has been removed, what I cannot understand is that make check is comparing the reg tests (i.e. a known good with a current patched one), so how can an error message be a '-' line in the diff? As doesn't this imply that the error message was *always* there during any make check.

Therefore my assumption has been that any warning/error should always be 'new' and so relevant to the *new* patch.

How can a new patch remove a line in a log that was never there to start with ( If you get my meaning)?