Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1815 in lilypond: lilypond-book fails on Windo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1815 in lilypond: lilypond-book fails on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:22:15 +0000

Comment #39 on issue 1815 by address@hidden: lilypond-book fails on Windows

Please check <URL:http://www.lilypond.org/windows.html#Windows-on-the-command-line>
again.

That proposes to add Lilypond to the Windows PATH. But if this is necessary why is this not done by the LilyPond installer? However, as you can see I run my example from withing the path where the lilypond.exe is. So adding this path to the PATH does not make a difference.

For me the main problem is that I need to provide the feature that LilyPond can be run from within LyX (www.lyx.org). And it is not possible to force Windows users to fiddle with the Windows PATH. Moreover in many companies and universities you are not allowed to modify the PATH. So a modification of the PATH should only be done by the installer of that program not by the user.

(If you implement this feature to the LilyPond installer note that there is a separate PATH variable only for the current user. This one must be used if the user who installs LilyPond does not have admin privileges.)