[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3121 in lilypond: Bad dependencies for notation ma

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3121 in lilypond: Bad dependencies for notation manual appendices?
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:56:01 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Build

New issue 3121 by address@hidden: Bad dependencies for notation manual appendices?

In my installed Texinfo files, I have the top of the notation manual stating to correspond to version 2.17.7. However, it contains
A.18 Available music functions
==============================

[...]

`accidentalStyle' [music]  - CONTEXT [symbol] STYLE (string)
     Set accidental style to STYLE, a string.  If an optional CONTEXT
     symbol is given, e.g. `#'Staff' or `#'Voice', the settings are
     applied to that context.  Otherwise, the context defaults to
     `Staff', except for piano styles, which use `GrandStaff' as a
     context.

and indeed, this definition contains to a change first released as 2.17.6. So apparently the appendix was not recompiled.

I also distinctly remember some bad changes in documentation strings (and I think it was in ly/music-functions.ly) _not_ trigger a problem when doing a plain "make", actually _not_ even after make doc-clean, in the existing in-place tree, while they did trip up Patchy. Those were changes which did not allow the info pages _without_ images (which is the default for make all) to build.

So it would appear that the dependencies for the music function appendix are broken, and make clean and/or make doc-clean miss out on removing some intermediate file.