Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2273 in lilypond: Translations: Links in the o

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2273 in lilypond: Translations: Links in the online manuals should point to the appropriate language if available
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:43:02 +0000

Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 2273 by address@hidden: Translations: Links in the online manuals should point to the appropriate language if available

Regarding comment 3, I realize now that this problem affects only the online documentation. Offline documentation (build with 'make doc') already as the language suffix in the links. So it's worth specifying that the issue is related to 'make website'. I'm changing the title of the issue accordingly.

Offline manuals can afford to have suffixed links, because the untranslated files are duplicated from the english file (local hard disk is cheap). Manuals to be uploaded to the server cannot afford such waste of space (except lilynet, apparently :-)). Therefore we need some clever script which creates "suffixed links" only if that node has been actually translated.

I got it right?
Or there's any other reason for removing the suffix on online manuals?