Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2764 in lilypond: Fingering placement problem

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2764 in lilypond: Fingering placement problem in chords containing a second
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:31:01 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 2764 by address@hidden: Fingering placement problem in chords containing a second

I meant "Needs evidence" to mean that we need an example of what standard music engraving would do.

LilyPond gives us two reasonably easy options: stacking fingerings on the chord or putting them on individual notes
  {<c' d' e'>2_3_2_1 <c'_1 d'_2 e'_3> }
I have seen both in printed music, Chopin 28:22(Scholtz) is attached, Mikuli's edition stacks the fingering vertically. (The image in comment 17 has the stack on the suspended note D, but it should certainly go under the main note-column, so that the fingerings line up with the chord in rhythm.)

The original request was, I think, to close up the vertical space when the fingerings are in seconds. Mike had a patch for issue 2527 that does this, but it still has a few other problems.

Attachments:
        2764.png  4.0 KB
        Scholtz.png  13.4 KB