Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3052 in lilypond: Lilypond-book 2.16.1 fails o

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3052 in lilypond: Lilypond-book 2.16.1 fails on Windows XP and Windows 8
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:25:52 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3052 by address@hidden: Lilypond-book 2.16.1 fails on Windows XP and Windows 8

OK. This issue is caused by a mismatch between the Windows registry and the option parsing code in our Python scripts. On October 13 Julien updated GUB to put "" around the command line arguments to python. On Nov 8 he pushed a change to staging to get rid of empty strings in the command line caused by these "" quotings. On Nov 9 I released 2.16.1 without this change - I must _just_ have missed it. So there are a few versions of lilypond-book (including 2.16.1) which won't run, owing to incompatibilities between the registry and the handling of the command line. FWIW anyone installing any version post October 13 (i.e. 2.17.5 and upwards) will cause earlier versions of -book to fail owing to the updated registry value.

Issue 2944  and Issue 1455 are relevant.

Not sure how to fix this though - it doesn't seem problematic enough to release a 2.16.2?