Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1263 in lilypond: MetronomeMark can not be ali

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1263 in lilypond: MetronomeMark can not be aligned on note if MMR in another voice
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 02:30:24 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 1263 by address@hidden: MetronomeMark can not be aligned on note if MMR in another voice

In key-clefs.ly, the tempo marks slide to the right of the key change

Those tempo marks are not the point of that regression test, merely labels to describe how the key signature should look. They happen to be tempo changes with /only/ a multi-measure rest in the measure---no notes in any lower staves.

Where should the tempo go in that case? The books I have (Ross, Stone) do not specify.

In the patch for issue 684, Neil gave his thoughts
  https://codereview.appspot.com/1579041#msg3
  -) A metronome mark at a full-bar rest should be aligned with the barline
     instead of the paper column to the left of the rest.
  -) If there's a tempo change at a key signature, the metronome mark
     shouldn't be aligned with the following note.
(Both differ with what I am used to seeing.)

If we want the tempo marks over the first note if there is one, but over the bar-line if there is /only/ a full-measure rest,
  \override Score.MetronomeMark #'non-break-align-symbols = #'(
      note-column-interface   multi-measure-rest-interface)