Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3041 in lilypond: Patch: Fix a few segfaulting

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3041 in lilypond: Patch: Fix a few segfaulting cases in hara-kiri-group-spanner
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:53:48 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 3041 by address@hidden: Patch: Fix a few segfaulting cases in hara-kiri-group-spanner

It has happened to me before that valid input was only ever valid because of magic. It could be that calls to get_column to a non valid column still somehow spit out numbers. It may be the 0 to INT_MAX range that is causing the issue.

The root of the segfault seems to be that this function is called on axis groups that lack left or right bounds that are items, no? I think it'd be better to ensure they have bounds before and issue a nasty programming error if they don't.