[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3029 in lilypond: restrainOpenStrings and minimumF

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3029 in lilypond: restrainOpenStrings and minimumFret
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:08:52 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 3029 by address@hidden: restrainOpenStrings and minimumFret

Federico Bruni reported here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-12/msg00062.html

as follows:

I'm a bit confused about the use of minimumFret and restrainOpenString.
Maybe adding a warning in the documentation could be a good idea.

The best way I can explain it is pasting this input code (commented).
Problem is in the last measure.

\version "2.17.9"

music =  \relative c' {
  \set minimumFret = #5
  c8 d e f <g,\4 c\3 e>2

  \set restrainOpenStrings = ##t
  c8 d e f <g,\4 c\3 e>2

% If I set minimumFret back to 0, I don't need to set restrainOpenStrings back to false
  \set minimumFret = #0
  e'8 b <e,, b' e gis b e>2.

  % except here
  % \set restrainOpenStrings = ##f
  <e a d d'\3 e\2 a>1
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff <<
      \context Voice { \clef "G_8" \music }

    \new TabStaff  <<
      \context TabVoice { \clef "moderntab" \music }

}

Thanks
--
Federico