Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:13:48 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Critical Type-Documentation

Comment #10 on issue 2777 by address@hidden: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0

This is marked Critical. Section 1.1.4 in the default manual (mentioned to be corresponding to 2.16.1) shows log and refers to version 2.16.0. However, this is purely informational output, looking like

Create a text file called ‘test.ly’ and enter:

    \version "2.16.0"
    {
      c' e' g' e'
    }

Step 2. Compile (with command-line)

To process ‘test.ly’, type the following at the command prompt:

    lilypond test.ly

You will see something resembling:

    GNU LilyPond 2.16.0
    Processing `test.ly'
    Parsing...
    Interpreting music...
    Preprocessing graphical objects...
    Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
    Drawing systems...
    Layout output to `test.ps'...
    Converting to `./test.pdf'...
    Success: compilation successfully completed

It may be bland that it is trailing a version behind, but that's purely cosmetical. I don't think this "problem" warrants a "Type-Critical", even when it is going to repeat itself with 2.18. Not sure we even need a "fix" for it. So I am downgrading it.