[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2981 in lilypond: Bugs with \set Staff.whichBar

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2981 in lilypond: Bugs with \set Staff.whichBar
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:53:08 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 2981 by address@hidden: Bugs with \set Staff.whichBar

Ben Rudiak-Gould reported here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-11/msg00104.html

as follows:

The 2.16 documentation says that \set Staff.whichBar = "|:" "will create a
start-repeat bar in this staff only". What it actually seems to do in 2.16.1 is insert a start-repeat bar after every note in that staff until the end of the
score. I haven't looked at the code but I guess that it's clearing
Timing.whichBar even if whichBar was actually set in a different context.

The obvious workaround, \once \set Staff.whichBar = "|:", prints the repeat bar correctly but then never prints any automatic bar lines in that staff until the
end of the piece. I think this may be a bug introduced by
codereview.appspot.com/4810042, which never unsets a \once \set variable even if
it was unset before.

Attachments:
        bug.ly  439 bytes
        bug.preview.png  3.0 KB