Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1815 in lilypond: lilypond-book fails on Windo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1815 in lilypond: lilypond-book fails on Windows
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:58:37 +0000

Comment #36 on issue 1815 by address@hidden: lilypond-book fails on Windows

I'm a new user of Lilypond using Windows.

I'm trying to use lilypond--book on the command prompt, but i have some
problems...

First i'm using the short file bebe.tex (this file stands in C:\Program Files
(x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin):

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\begin{document}

Normal LaTeX text.

\begin{lilypond}
\relative c'' {
a4 b c d
}
\end{lilypond}

\end{lilypond}
\end{document}

I choose .tex because i don't know how to create .lytex files. Is this bad?. I can't do it.

to convert to a tex-compilable file, i put the following code in the command
prompt:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin>lilypond-book --output=out --pdf bebe.te

Obtaining(in spanish):

lilypond-book.py (GNU LilyPond) 2.16.0
Reading bebe.tex...
Running `pdflatex' on file `c:\users\toshiba\appdata\local\temp\tmplqlbw0.tex' t
o detect default page settings.

Dissecting...
Writing snippets...
Processing...
Running lilypond...
"lilypond" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
command failed: lilypond --formats=ps -dbackend=eps -I "." -I ".." --formats =eps --pdf -dinclude-eps-fonts -dgs-load-fonts -deps-box-padding=3.000000 -dre ad-file-list -dno-strip-output-dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\out
\snippet-names-326861293.ly"
Child returned 1

\\

This creates a folder 'out' in C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin, but
without .pdf or .tex files.

Truly, this very rare to me, i'm not so familiar with the programing language...

It will be good for new users, a tutorial showing a example for lilypond-book in
detail for windows.

Please help me! is very important because i'm writing a paper mixing scientific
language and musical lenguage.

Thanks, and excuse me for the bad English.

Bogotá, Colombia.