Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2266 in lilypond: Translations: @rlsrnamed{Nam

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2266 in lilypond: Translations: @rlsrnamed{Name, Translation} translates also the name in the URI
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:12:37 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 2266 by address@hidden: Translations: @rlsrnamed{Name,Translation} translates also the name in the URI

I think that xref-maps are created correctly by extract_texi_filenames.py (line 240).
It must be NODE\tFILENAME\tANCHOR, where only NODE must be translated.

Let's take one of the node not found reported before:

$ cd out-www/xref-maps
$ grep 'Contexts-explained' *.it.xref-map
learning.it.xref-map:I contesti Contexts-explained      Contexts-explained
learning.it.xref-map:Contexts explained Contexts-explained Contexts-explained notation.it.xref-map:Contexts explained Contexts-explained Contexts-explained

As you see, no filename or anchor is translated here.
Note: the node in NR using the same name is correctly not translated (because I
haven't translated it yet).

Another example:

@ruser{Creating Context} in italian LM creates a translated URI.
But it seems that extract_texi_filenames.py is doing his job:

$ grep 'Creare i contesti' *.it.xref-map
learning.it.xref-map:Creare i contesti  Creating-contexts
Creating-contexts

Some other script in a further step of doc compilation is breaking...
Maybe lilypond-texi2html.init?

This comment would suggest that this file may still have a role in
the filename creation:

    # the @translationof macro provides the original English section title,
    # which should be used for file/anchor naming, while the title will be
    # translated to each language
    # It is already used by extract_texi_filenames.py, so this should not be
    # necessary here at all. Still, I'll leave the code in just in case the
    # python script messed up ;-)

I've tried to comment lilypond_unknown in lilypond-texi2html.init but some
of that code is needed to tell texi2html what @translationof is.  In fact
I got these errors in the .log file:

** Unknown command address@hidden' (left as is) (in out-www/learning/tutorial.texi l. 778)