Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2883 in lilypond: Patch: Make arguments like C

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2883 in lilypond: Patch: Make arguments like Context.GrobName accessible as symbol lists
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 05:42:41 +0000

Comment #20 on issue 2883 by address@hidden: Patch: Make arguments like Context.GrobName accessible as symbol lists

I suggest letting the documentation (and other convert-ly-ed files) continue with the old form
   \override Grob property = #value
even if we accept
   \override Context.Grob = #value

My reasons are (1) the simple forms of \tweak and \override with simple arguments without dots are by far the most common, and (2) the space helps me remember that in
   \override Context.Grob property.subproperty.detail = #value
I will always need to tell LilyPond the Grob and the property, occasionally with dotted forms when I need to be more specific.

It would be helpful to upload the functional changes only (http://codereview.appspot.com/6733044) and not the automated changes. Reviewers would then need to run convert-ly on selected Documentation/ themselves. (Link in parentheses to hide it from patchy.)