Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a meas

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a measure
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:45:51 +0000

Comment #27 on issue 2445 by address@hidden: Center a number above a measure

I'm not in a position to try this right now, but this quote from David Kastrup in the thread you cite above provides the clue to the solution for this problem:

"Well, scheme-text-spanner changes the \Global context [as does Measure_counter_engraver], and quote
environments uses the layout definition partCombineListener in
ly/declarations-init.ly with an unchanged Global context.

Change its Global context similarly, and you should be set."

I'll see if I can work up some code to add to the .ly file. This is just a stopgap measure for the .ly file, though. When (and if!) this engraver ever makes it into the code base, this extra tampering that David K. alludes to won't be necessary.