Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a meas

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a measure
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 22:18:17 +0000

Comment #21 on issue 2445 by address@hidden: Center a number above a measure

@Themushi:

Thank you for reporting this problem. I think I've fixed it. Basically, what this engraver does is create spanner objects which have NonMusicalPaperColumn grobs as their left and right bounds. I had been using the extents of these bounds to position the number. This approach normally gets good results: the number is positioned after the prefatory material (like clef, time signature, and key signature) so it's put at the "musical center" of the measure. Unfortunately, metronome and rehearsal marks are also thrown into the mix. Turns out that using BreakAlignment grobs is a better idea (and more in line with the way the positioning of MultiMeasureRest grobs is handled).

There are some other changes here:
(1) the commands have been renamed so they are more in line with other such commands. So now we have \startMeasureCount and \stopMeasureCount (2) the engraver itself has been renamed to Measure_counter_engraver (again, for more consistency) (3) thanks to Mike Solomon's help, the engraver will now work with the most recent development versions (vertical positioning broke rather spectacularly with 2.17.1) (4) The font details which you selected have been moved to the grob's properties (which have been more fully fleshed out). These can, of course, be overridden.

I appreciate the testing you've done with this. I've been steadily working on a patch set, and hopefully soon I'll be able to put it up for review on Rietveld. (This patch set of course involves additions to various files rather than meddling with internals through an .ly file which I'm doing here for convenience.)

Let me know how this works for you!

Attachments:
        measureCounterEngraver-update_tempo_fix.ly  10.8 KB