[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2877 in lilypond: [Doc]NR 3.5.7: the articulate sc

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2877 in lilypond: [Doc]NR 3.5.7: the articulate script: why not suggesting two \score blocks?
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 19:05:50 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 2877 by address@hidden: [Doc]NR 3.5.7: the articulate script: why not suggesting two \score blocks?

Reported by Federico Bruni:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-09/msg00138.html

In NR 3.5.7, The Articulate script:

"After altering your input file this way, the visual output is heavily altered, but the standard \midi block will produce a better MIDI file."

This alteration refers to the use of \unfoldRepeats, I suppose.

Why don't we suggest to use two score blocks, one for \layout and one for \midi?

So the visual output won't be altered.

There's any reason why you didn't make this suggestion?