Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2870 in lilypond: \single \no and \hide needs

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2870 in lilypond: \single \no and \hide needs user-level documentation and examples
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:00:55 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 2870 by address@hidden: \single \no and \hide needs user-level documentation and examples

David,

Thanks, I have been trying to understand the subtleties between \tweak \single \once and so on, to better write this, it is very unlikely I will have anything useful for review before the weekend where I will be able to sit down and think about it more - I know that I don['t really understand the differences from a user point of view (re: Reinhold's initial comment about users vs developers when he didn't also get it at first) and feel that all these commands could be better explained in the context of each other. Having good @lilypond examples is going to be key here I think, from a user point of view (i.e. like me).