Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2858 in lilypond: Document \shape music functi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2858 in lilypond: Document \shape music function
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:37:44 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 2858 by address@hidden: Document \shape music function

Adding to comment #8: the problem with the tweak form having the music first is that it works reasonably well only when \shape is the only function that does things like that. As soon as multiple commands are being used with that convention together, they have to be nested in unsavory ways.

The \no and \hide commands don't have that problem since they have only a _single_ argument. Now of course we can give the \shape command a string-or-list? argument first, and a list-or-music? command afterwards, and check and complain about the combinations list-list and string-music in the function itself rather than letting the signatures sort this out.

But this seems quite awkward. So I think, for "tweak-or-override-with-parameters", we should likely bite the bullet and place the grob property path last consistently.