Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Implement \single for conver

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Implement \single for converting overrides to tweaks
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 06:04:49 +0000

Comment #41 on issue 2717 by address@hidden: Implement \single for converting overrides to tweaks

With regard to the naming of \single: it _applies_ an override to a single item. "apply" as a verb is already taken. Consulting a thesaurus delivers a wagonload of totally unsuitable other words. One that sounds half-way suitable would be "\direct" (hardly synonymous, though). To match "\once" in flavor, one would also use "\directly", to get something like \directly\hide StringNumber\3.

Or \directly\easyHeadsOn c' or \direct\easyHeadsOn c'. Not convinced it is an improvement, but I thought I'd mention it.