Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2790 in lilypond: Patch: bar-line interface pa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2790 in lilypond: Patch: bar-line interface part 2/2
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:38:34 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-new Patch-needs_work

Comment #33 on issue 2790 by address@hidden: Patch: bar-line interface part 2/2

Patchy says 'fail on make check' - took an age to find anything in the logs - still cannot workouty how to quickly find what is the offending snippet/reg test when running multi cpu - the logs tell me to look in a snippet log which is there but which just lists a ton of snippets and which CPU failed, but I cannot ever seem to quickly narrow it down.

It ends up as a tedious make check with one CPU and hope the logs show up, they didn't this time, the log file just contained a single line with the lilypond version.

Anyway, after grepping for 'error' I came across

lily-7dccbf09.log:programming error: number of pages is out of bounds
lily-7dccbf09.log:programming error: tried to space systems on a bad number of pages
lily-7dccbf09.log:programming error: number of pages is out of bounds
lily-7dccbf09.log:programming error: tried to space systems on a bad number of pages

/lilypond-git/input/regression/page-breaking-page-count3.ly

which is

drum roll....

tah dah!

\header {
  texidoc = "The number of pages in a score can be forced by setting
@code{page-count} in the (book-level) paper block. Even if there are
too many systems for that number of pages, we will squeeze them in."
}

#(set-default-paper-size "a6")

\book {
  \paper { page-count = 1}
  \score { { \repeat unfold 10 {c'1 \break} } }
}

Hope that helps.

Goodnight.