Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-st

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2801 in lilypond: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 05:49:15 +0000

Comment #54 on issue 2801 by address@hidden: Patch: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines.

I agree that this is likely what's happening, but I can't figure out why.

The problem is that it is impossible to recreate outside of the regtests (I tried -fkeep-inline-functions, applying different patches, etc. but to no avail).

My guess is that somewhere in the slur-scoring code, using pure heights and pure offsets is leading to inconsistent results. They have never been used this far downstream before, so I'm guessing that they may be freed up earlier. But at least the inconsistency is consistent - I'm getting 4.9456964833876 whenever it does go off track.