Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2836 in lilypond: LilyPond hangs if NoteHead '

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2836 in lilypond: LilyPond hangs if NoteHead 'stencil is empty
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:13:31 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #2 on issue 2836 by address@hidden: LilyPond hangs if NoteHead 'stencil is empty

This is the same as issue 1585, where we are told to
  \override NoteHead #'stencil = #point-stencil
which works.

LilyPond has for a long time assigned and indefinite ("NaN") position to the Stem in these case. Now with issue 2148 everything gets skylines and the skyline code is not robust to indefinite positions and loops forever.

Probably we should be robust to missing stencils, avoid generating NaNs.
http://codereview.appspot.com/6494143/