Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2823 in lilypond: Patch: Fixes position of men

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2823 in lilypond: Patch: Fixes position of mensural c clef
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:45:46 +0000

Comment #27 on issue 2823 by address@hidden: Patch: Fixes position of mensural c clef

p wrote in Comment #22:
_two_merged_c-clefs_

Ok, I understand, this makes very much sense -- thanks for this enlightening hint! In other words, this strange clef is actually two separate, overlapping c clefs printed on top of each other, for denoting two separate voices in a single staff. But then I still wonder, to which one of the two voices the "b" refers to (or maybe to both?).

So, afaics, the current implementation in lilypond has been indeed wrong for the last 10 years. Still, just changing the position of the mensural c clef won't fix the problem. For a real fix, I guess the glyph needs to be replaced by a completely new design.

Jürgen