Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:38:58 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 2538 by address@hidden: LilyDev 3

To answer some of the points in comment #2

--snip--

I think we need to know what ubuntu 11.04 would give us that 10.04 didn't, and what ubuntu 12.04 ditto. Gnome 3 may or may not be a liability -- but note that it's really simple to install icewm or lxde, so that's not a big deal. I'm more interested in things like gcc or llvm version, valgrind, texlive, fontforge, etc.
--snip--

Well there is a minimal install of Ubuntu which I am testing at the moment that gives us a less bloated ISO file (I am hoping) as I think most Developers either use LilyDev in a VM primarily to develop or use their own version of Linux to develop on as opposed to using LilyDev as their OS. So LilyDev therefore seems to be aimed at the VM types and carrying on the train of thought, apart from anomalies like myself most devs use laptops, so a laptop with a lilydev VM really needs to be as bloat-free as possible right?

Anyway, to answer the questions

I have installed a minimal install of 12.04 LTS and

GCC version is 4.6.3 (pre-installed)
astyle is 2.0.1-1 (in the repository)
fontforge is 0.0.20110222-4ubu (in the repository)
python is 2.7.3 (pre-installed)
valgrind 1:3.7.0-0ubuntu3 (in the repository)
texlive is 2009-15 (in the repository)
llvm is 2.9-7 (in the repository)
perl is 5.14.2-6ubuntu2.1 (pre-installed)
make is 3.81-8.1ubuntu1 (pre-installed)
texinfo is 4.13a.dfsg.1-9ubuntu2 (in repository)
t1utils is 1.3.7 (in repository)
bison is 1:2.5.dfg-2.1 (in repository)
flex is 2.5.35-10ubuntu3 (in repository)

I happened to us lxde as the window manager - oh and this x86 still.

James