Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2820 in lilypond: Tab staff repeat sign

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2820 in lilypond: Tab staff repeat sign
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 18:11:07 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 2820 by address@hidden: Tab staff repeat sign

the dots are symmetric to the centre of the staff, so either both or none of them are outside. I didn't want to special case staves of two lines, only to write regtests of even line staves the simplest was to use two lines. I guess two-line staves looked like that in 2.14 too. having said all that, if you think it worth doing, I'll special case two-line staves.

the last case of repeat-sign.ly is not simply a 0-line staff, but no staff - I think that's why there are no bar lines at all. the code handles 0-line staves, see lyrics-bar.ly.

I've added a repeat-sign-in-tablature regtest in a new file tablature-repeat.ly. It may be better to be in repeat-sign.ly - what do others think?

the regtest framework sucks; it doesn't report all cases I expected, but verified manually that the patch works as intended. (I run make test-baseline with the new regtests, old bar-line.scm)