Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2823 in lilypond: Patch: Fixes position of men

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2823 in lilypond: Patch: Fixes position of mensural c clef
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:06:36 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 2823 by address@hidden: Patch: Fixes position of mensural c clef

Yep. The originals are undoubtedly wrong. Here's a couple of images from Dufay manuscripts - both showing a C clef and a flat, which can be nothing else than a B. The flatted note is hals a staff space below the centre of the clef. It's called a C clef, because it's centred on the C. I started fixing this because I'm recreating some Dufay in lilypond, and the current clefs don't allow that, because they're wrong.

Attachments:
        AveRegina3.jpg  19.0 KB
        AveReg-1.jpg  72.5 KB