Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1670 in lilypond: Allow numbers in variable na

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1670 in lilypond: Allow numbers in variable names: violin1mvt2 = c'
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 09:48:28 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #14 on issue 1670 by address@hidden: Allow numbers in variable names: violin1mvt2 = c'

This version allows nubmers at the end of names, so we would need to convert-ly
 \times2/3  =>   \time 2/3   and   \skip2  =>  \skip 2

Numbers are not allowed after underscores, nor underscores at the end of a name, so
 \f_1   ==  \f  _1

Music with durations must be enclosed in at least one level of {} or <>, so
 showFirstLength = R1*3   =>  showFirstLength = { R1*3 }
but any enclosing set of braces is enough:
 \new Staff { \afterGrace c2 d8 e2 }

The remaining problem is the pitch in \relative c' {c4 d e f }
\relative <c'> {c4 d e f} is inconvenient. At the moment I allow notes after seeing the music function, so
   violin1 = \relative c' {c d}  violin2 = {e f}
fails to accept the violin2 as a name.

This gives a clean make check, but we will not want to adopt this. It might be useful as a concrete example of the challenges, while we are thinking about syntax.
http://codereview.appspot.com/6493072/