Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesigna

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesignature
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 05:35:10 +0000

Comment #39 on issue 2783 by address@hidden: wrong placement of timesignature

I have not seen examples in the literature but only in some low-quality computer-typeset stuff on the net. Those seemed to employ a modicum of whiteout here.

To me, the display in comment #38 looks quite acceptable. If we added whiteout, it would likely be in the properties of TabStaff itself and would also affect 5-string tablatures, being a general feature of tablature formatting rather than of even-ledger-number. I think we should leave thinking about whiteout until somebody actually can find real-world examples of good quality.