Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1290 in lilypond: Skyline compaction is going

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1290 in lilypond: Skyline compaction is going overboard sometimes
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 01:01:46 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-needs_work Patch-review

Comment #23 on issue 1290 by address@hidden: Skyline compaction is going overboard sometimes

Oh sorry I didn't notice the 'programming error'

You didn't need to notice it, because it does not indicate a change from the patch, having no "+" or "-"; it is merely context that is there both before and after the patch.

'page-breaking-page-count3.ly' intentionally squeezes too much on a page, raising an error. One might argue that it should be a warning. One might also argue that the test should have an "expect-error" line so the error doesn't appear in the log to confuse us.

Maybe I should do something like that for the regression test for this issue. As it stands little point in a regression test whose failure-mode is missed by the auto-checker.