Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesigna

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2783 in lilypond: wrong placement of timesignature
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:40:48 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 2783 by address@hidden: wrong placement of timesignature

well, yes and no.  this code may have been in place for ten years, but
the meaning
of line_count changed with commit d10ec4f5 (sometime around 2.15.20 -
I don't have
the sources at hand, but see
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2109#c18
); as a consequence, a simple revert wouldn't make Gagi happy, I'm afraid.

(aside 1: I know nobody else bitten by this change of semantics of
Staff_symbol::line_count, as far as issues and regtests I've seen are
representative.
aside 2: the patch in issue 2109 caused issue 2249, where again revert
was suggested.
my problem is not reversion in itself, but unconsidered reversion.)

so what about using centre-of-staff, i.e. (min(line-positions) +
max(line-positions)) / 2?
is it worth preparing such a patch?  note it will change behaviour
relative to 2.14 in the
case of overriding line-count, not line-positions.