Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1290 in lilypond: Skyline compaction is going

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1290 in lilypond: Skyline compaction is going overboard sometimes
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:35:42 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 1290 by address@hidden: Skyline compaction is going overboard sometimes

Regarding comment #13: if the thing is called "padding", it is reasonable to expect that the distance between objects will be twice the padding. Instead of coming up with some convert-ly rule, it would seem to make more sense to me to just double the value at the point of use and thus return to the semantics implied by the name and the previous behavior. Otherwise we'd need to rename this into "minimal-distance" or whatever.