Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:01:06 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 2777 by address@hidden: Learning Manual has version 2.14.2 instead of 2.16.0

Problem is this:
1. we have some good material in lilypond-web. Introduction, Manuals, and Community (contacts, bug reports, guidelines for starting development, authors). We shouldn't remove lilypond-web from the docball.

2. removing the Download section and the Community->Development subsections for the docball would be a pain. Especially since we would only want to remove the Community->Development->Download box, while keeping the CG box and most of the Regression tests box.

It's not impossible to resolve these problems by adding a bunch of extra texinfo macros, modifying the build scripts/makefiles, and adding macro calls to the website texinfo sources... but I question whether it's worth it.