Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:27:10 +0000

Comment #7 on issue 2538 by address@hidden: LilyDev 3

This won't work, since lilydev should install software with different version numbers than ubuntu supplies. For example, until recently we insisted that fontforge be compiled with --enable-double, whereas ubuntu explicitly disabled that option. Due to the discussion in Waltrop, we're dropping the --enable-double requirement. However, we still need astyle 2.02 or 2.02.1; Ubuntu 12.04 supplies 1.2.4 or something like that.

That said, it would certainly be possible to create a deb which installs *most* of the additional software we need for lilydev (BTW, build-dep lilypond fails to install autoconf!). Then we could have a shorter list of additional software to install manually. That would make James' life easier, as well as making it easier for people who want to build on top of a stock ubuntu install.