Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2329 in lilypond: GUB dblatex confusion

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2329 in lilypond: GUB dblatex confusion
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:26:57 +0000

Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 2329 by address@hidden: GUB dblatex confusion

In reply to comment #1, as far as I've understood it after two days of seeing Jan hacking it and getting me into it as well, GUB does not "pretend to be a complete, sandboxed build environment", it's not a cross build environment from scratch, which may require as much work as what has been put into into it so far; it's a build environment that bootstraps cross-compilers and dependencies in a way that partially relies on the host system for some packages, in a way that the greatest number of common GNU/Linux systems will get the job done. In that respect, GUB needs ongoing maintenance to keep working well. That's why I'm restoring the issue title.