Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2656 in lilypond: font ligatures don't work on

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2656 in lilypond: font ligatures don't work on Windows
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:21:06 +0000

Comment #26 on issue 2656 by address@hidden: font ligatures don't work on Windows

I just wrote to Werner.  Copying here:

Incidentally I was checking the basic-win32.c Pango module today and noticed
that it shortcircuits calling into Uniscribe if !ScriptIsComplex().  That
would explain what you are seeing. I like to remove that hack and always call
Uniscribe unconditionally...

Who knows, soon I may even remove the Uniscribe module and rely on HarfBuzz
Uniscribe backend on Windows.

If someone wants to try my hypothesis I'd be happy to help.