Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2366 in lilypond: THANKS needs updating or del

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2366 in lilypond: THANKS needs updating or deleting
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:37:19 +0000

Comment #17 on issue 2366 by address@hidden: THANKS needs updating or deleting

Re-comment 15: David, I think that EXTRA_DIST_FILES are set in a way so that cherry-picking this patch on top of stable/2.16 should not break dist/dist-check, although I confess that I have not tested it; however, you need to apply the patch from Rietveld issue rather than the commit in master, because the former has EXTRA_DIST_FILES in the context of one hunk, and this context disappeared in master. The real problem is not your fault of not having presented a rodmap for 2.16, but the outdatedness of THANKS and lack of a clear policy choice between keeping updating it or deleting it, issue which was made urgent just now that 2.16 is going to happen.

Re-comment 16: Graham: you _cannot_ test the "make dist"-ness of this patch by building GUB on master, because master branch has now a dist which takes file list from Git (plus some generated files), whereas stable/2.16 still uses all the bunch of make variables. So the only way to test it is GUB-building stable/2.16 with this patch added.