Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2761 in lilypond: Patch: Issues warning when f

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2761 in lilypond: Patch: Issues warning when fontconfig can't find a pango font
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:18:09 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 2761 by address@hidden: Patch: Issues warning when fontconfig can't find a pango font

Hmmm...this is proving to be harder than anticipated. Does anyone who knows something about fontconfig or pango know if there is a quick and dirty way to check if a font is installed on a system? Seems like it'd be more in the domain of fontconfig...

The problem is that pango will fail silently if it can find what it considers to be a reasonable substitute for a font it can't find. I need it to issue a warning somehow and the strategy I'm using isn't working.