Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2148 in lilypond: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:50:21 +0000

Comment #152 on issue 2148 by address@hidden: vertical skylines should use stencil integrals

GCC is very sensitive to unreliable memory. I remember systems that ran without any apparent problem for days and weeks (and would have no problems running memtest for any amount of time) but it was impossible to recompile the Linux kernel. I don't know why GCC would be affected stronger than most other applications, but that's the way it is. Probably something with access patterns, in case refresh is unreliable.

GCC is a rather deterministic application. If it segfaults, but not predictably, that very much points to a memory problem.