Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 596 in lilypond: collision tuplet number and s

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 596 in lilypond: collision tuplet number and slur
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 04:28:57 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: ---
        Labels: -Patch-needs_work

Comment #13 on issue 596 by address@hidden: collision tuplet number and slur

The reason existing Lilypond misses this collision is because Slurs may cross Spanners, and TupletNumber is a Spanner (presumably for centering it over the span of the tuplet).

If I change the code so Slurs treat TupletNumbers like any other glyph, then the examples in this issue come out nicely, but, we still have problems for cases like issue 1642 and issue 1374, where the tuplet started before the slur. The slur engraver only watches for items that the slur must avoid, if they are created during the span of the slur. We would need to improve the sophistication of the engraver to make fixing this sub-bug worthwhile.